Board Recruitment Letter: An Opportunity to Make a Difference
Literacy Link Niagara is seeking potential candidates to serve on the volunteer board of directors for two or three-year terms.
Literacy Link Niagara plans and coordinates local services for adult literacy learners through a regional network of agencies delivering literacy programs. In addition, Literacy Link connects with the broader community and to sectors affected by literacy – health, education, employment and the law.
We connect, communicate, and collaborate.
Key competencies required of the board of directors include:
- Strategic thinker; forward thinking, progressive.
- Regional perspective; “systems thinker” with knowledge of Niagara.
- Consensus builder; able to work as part of a team, seek consensus and problem-solve.
- Community connections; reputation, influence, contacts.
- Strong understanding of complex systems and organizations.
- Knowledge of literacy issues and adult learning principles.
- Specific skills in management, education, human resources, marketing, health, legal or finance.
- Commitment to values, relationships and ethical decision-making.
- Resident of the Region of Niagara.
We are especially interested in welcoming literacy administrators and front-line literacy practitioners to the board to ensure that Literacy Link meets the needs of our member agencies.